Our Healing Earth
2:07 PM | Author: Silverbirch Designs
There are many ways to healing in this day and age, where traditional medicine and alternative are beginning to join forces.  I can't emphasize enough though that this is only in the very beginning stages.  Some doctors are now embracing herbal medicine and incorporate it into their everyday practice.  Chinese traditional medicine is also gaining more acceptance in the Western world of medicine.  It will still be many years before we manage to change the way Western Medicine is practiced on a large scale.  If the Pharmaceutical world has it's way, this won't happen unless they figure out a way to profit from treating holistically.

What I want to talk about now, though is quite a ways from gaining mainstream acceptance.  Mother Earth has much to teach us about healing, and has much to give us.  The plants that heal have gained a fairly wide acceptance in the modern world.  What many don't know about is the healing effect of the stones that make up a large part of this world.  The metaphysical properties of the stones of the Earth are many and only talked about by a few.  There is Melodie's "Love is in the Earth", a wonderful and greatly detailed book that lists more stones than the average person is ever likely to meet.  Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian wrote "The Book of Stones", another wonderful book that includes photos.  Melodie's book has a companion book that is all photos of the stones she talks about in "Love is in the Earth".  There are a few other books on the metaphysical properties of stones, and many more that detail the physical properties of the stones only.

This entry is the beginning of what will be a daily blurb about some of the metaphysical properties of stones.  Some, I'm sure you will be familiar with, others are somewhat rare.  I will be going through the stones alphabetically.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions about any stone at any time, though I might wait to do an in-depth when that stone comes up alphabetically.  So, here goes!  I hope you find this blog interesting and enjoyable.  :D
|
This entry was posted on 2:07 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On June 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM , Anonymous said...

I found you through the blog follow group on Facebook and I am now following you. I can't wait to read what you have to share about stones and their healing properties. I am a Reiki Master and use a variety of different healing modalities, so I am very interested in this. My favorite massage is the one where heated stones are used and I do feel an energy from the stones, which is why it is my favorite massage.
Please stop by and pay me a visit http://theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com

 
On June 8, 2010 at 2:51 PM , Silverbirch Designs said...

Thank you for following, Aine. My daughter is learning Reiki and uses the heated stone massage when she is working as a Doula. I am a big fan of Reiki. :D I will definitely be stopping by. :D